MicroShield 360 Antimicrobial is now EPA/FDA Approved for Food Contact Surfaces
MicroShield 360 provides a 4-log reduction (99.99%) to kill and prevent microorganisms from living on a treated surface. With 1 single application we guarantee product integrity for 1 entire year and up to 10 years in construction materials. Let’s look at the technology that’s brought together to create such a powerful system:
MicroShield 360 Antimicrobial Coating
- EPA registered, colorless, odorless, non-toxic and hypoallergenic. Dries in minutes after application.
- Unlike traditional disinfection methods that poison to kill (leaching) this revolutionary solution physically ruptures the cell membrane then provides an electric shock which destroys the cell (non-leaching).
- Once applied the coating polymerizes on the surface and sets up charged microscopic spikes. The nitrogen molecule within the spike draws the negatively charged cell toward it like a magnet killing it on contact.
- As the coating is non-leaching it allows MicroShield 360 to remain on the surface ready to kill the next cell that approaches.
Electrostatic Application Process
- The application process removes the element of human error commonly seen in spray and wipe approaches which leave areas untreated.
- All things in the environment are either neutral or negatively charged. As MicroShield 360 is sprayed out of the gun it becomes a positively charged mist which is attracted to any surface it’s pointed at.
- Instead of only hitting the front of a surface the mist, due to its charge, is able to wrap around a given surface providing cohesive 360⁰ coverage.
- ATP meters are used from hospitals to manufacturing to gauge the bio-load on a surface. We provide ATP reports back to our clients on a normalized basis for their own record keeping.
- ATP (adenosine triphosphate) is an energy molecule found in all cells that allows for cellular metabolism to take place. Therefore, the detection of ATP on a surface after cleaning is in indication of improper cleaning and proves cells/bacteria are on the surface.
- The test has a positive correlation between the number in the reading and the number of organisms on the surface tested. Therefore, by reducing the level the meter shows we are reducing the risk of an individual encountering a harmful pathogen on that surface.