Germs are everywhere and can make us very sick. Our hands come in contact with infected surfaces and we then touch our eyes, mouth or nose, allowing the germs to enter our bodies and make us ill. In fact, Americans spend nearly $5 billion each year on illnesses caused by germs, according to Cone Health. So how do we reduce the chances of getting sick? Washing our hands with regular soap under warm running water is one of the best ways to prevent illness and the spread of germs to others. Take the time and wash your hands regularly.
According to Cone Health, follow the following steps:
- Wet your hands with running water and soap.
- Rub your hands together to make a lather and scrub well for 20 seconds.
- Remember to clean your wrists, backs of your hands, between your fingers and under your fingernails.
- Rinse your hands thoroughly under running water.
- Dry your hands with a clean towel or air dryer.
We may exercise proper hand washing, but this does not prevent germs from adhering to the original surface we encounter. Routine cleaning and traditional disinfectants are a quick solution and only temporary. However, MicroShield 360’s antimicrobial coating system is not reactionary, it is preventative. It will constantly fight germs and prevent their development on treated surfaces for an entire year. Our coating system is EPA registered and FDA approved for food contact surfaces. It is non-toxic and safe for humans and animals. MicroShield 360’s Germ Prevention system excels where traditional disinfectants fall short.