Have you ever stopped to think about what’s inside your cleaning products? Most of us assume that they’re safe and effective, but the truth is that many conventional cleaning products contain a cocktail of harmful chemicals that can pose serious health risks.
Here are some common ingredients found in cleaning products, and why you should be concerned:
- Phthalates – these are commonly used in fragranced cleaning products and have been linked to reproductive harm, endocrine disruption, and asthma.
- Chlorine Bleach – this ingredient is often found in disinfectants and cause respiratory problems, skin irritation, and even death if ingested.
- Ammonia – this is common in glass cleaners and can cause respiratory problems, skin irritation, and even blindness if ingested.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) – this is a foaming agent used in cleaning products and has been linked to skin irritation, eye damage, and organ toxicity.
- Formaldehyde – this is a preservative used in many cleaning products and has been linked to cancer, asthma, and reproductive problems.
So, what can you do to avoid these harmful chemicals? The answer is simple: switch to natural and eco-friendly cleaning and disinfecting products.
Natural, eco-friendly cleaning and disinfecting products use a few simple ingredients. For example, electrolyzed water uses a combination of water, salt and electricity. Electrolyzed water is just as effective as conventional cleaning products, but without the risks to your health and the environment. Who’d have thought that electricity could turn simple ingredients into something so powerful? The technology has been around for years, but today, electrolyzed water is gaining momentum in commercial facilities and the regulatory community. It combines environmental and occupational safety benefits, affordability, and the powerful cleaning and disinfecting solutions that every facility needs.
In conclusion, it’s important to be aware of what is inside your cleaning products, and how they can impact your health and the environment. By making the switch to natural, eco-friendly cleaning and disinfecting products, you can keep your workplace clean and safe without compromising on effectiveness or sustainability. To learn more about electrolyzed water, or MicroShield 360 Pure Technology, please click here.